Welcome! I am Liz, - activist, philanthropist, environmentalist - a woman with a flush yet modest life that began on a farm in Poland where I spent the first few years of my life. Those years played an integral role in developing my life-long passion, appreciation, and respect for nature and gardening.
Evolving
and seeking a more peaceful and meaningful life, I recently made the bold move
to leave my corporate job and start my first, immigrant woman-owned, small local
business. I want to help people gain a deeper understanding of how to create
sustainable landscapes by incorporating native plants to minimize water usage
and to attract birds, bees, butterflies, and other essential pollinating
insects. I am a minimalist, so I believe in reusing and recycling goods that we
already have to beautify and to create while also reducing waste. I would like
for people to see the beauty in “perfectly imperfect” landscapes where
pesticides and weed killers are shunned and dandelions welcomed. Most
importantly, I would love for people to experience an awakening to nature, its
smells and sounds, and the serenity which it creates.
Traditional landscapers cut grass, trim
bushes, apply mulch and do other miscellaneous tasks for speedy results and
maximum job turnaround. My niche is unique. I focus on detail, precision, and a
holistic approach to landscape with a customized, personal, fine gardening
experience that includes but is not limited to:
•
Planting flowers,
vegetables, herbs, berries, shrubs.
•
Weeding by
meticulously pulling weeds deeply by roots to avoid regrowth.
•
Building raised
vegetable and herb gardens.
•
Realigning and
cleaning existing brick & stone borders.
•
Edging of thick,
established grass on sidewalks and driveways with a heavy metal blade.
•
Educating on ways
to nurture landscapes without the use of toxic chemicals.
•
Advising how to
restructure outdoor spaces for a more welcoming and enriching experience.
• General routine upkeep of gardens, yards, and all landscape.
I
am a one-woman shop, therefore unable to take on large jobs with major
hardscape work. However, I am happy to collaborate with a landscaping company
of your choice that can do the “big” stuff with my expertise on the “little” but
equally important stuff.
About me:
• Resident of Elmhurst since June 2004 (Ward
1)
• Elmhurst University alumni, June 2012
• Elmhurst University employee, 2009-2017
• Home/yard featured in the Annual Elmhurst
Garden Walk, July 2022
• Member of Elmhurst Garden Club, July 2022
• Member of The Conservation Foundation
(Naperville), August 2022
• Candidate for Elmhurst City Council, April
2019 (Ward 1)
• Member, Elmhurst Citizen’s Police Academy,
September 2005
• Member, Elmhurst Citizen’s Public Works Dept
Academy, April 2024
• Board Member, Annie LeGere Foundation,
September 2015 -July 2021
Happy gardening!

Comments
Post a Comment